Chicken Bhuna – Chicken curry (serving size – 4)
Food pairing suggestion – Chicken Bhuna can be served with rice/ naan/ roti
Wide heavy bottomed pan with lid
2 pounds Chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup diced tomato
2 tablespoons ginger and garlic paste
5 tablespoons olive oil / vegetables oil
4 dried red chilies
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon whole black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1. Heat a wide pan on the stove. Add 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon whole black pepper, 4 cloves and 4 cardamoms in the pan. Dry roast the spices until they turn dark brown in color.
2. Transfer the roasted spices into a plate and let it cool down. Once the spices cool down, blend them into affine powder.
3. Heat a wide pan on the stove. Add 5 tablespoons oil in the pan. When the oil is hot add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 4 dried red chilies and 1 cup chopped onion.
4. Fry the onion until it turns golden brown in color.
5. Once the onion turns golden brown in color add 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic paste, 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 3/4 salt and the powdered dry roasted spices.
6. Cook the contents in medium heat for 3 minutes.
7. After 3 minutes add the chicken and 1/4 cup plain yogurt into the pan and mix well.
8. Close the pan and cook in medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
9. When the chicken is cooked add 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro and switch off the heat. Chicken Bhuna is ready.