Onion Pakora – Crispy onion fritters (serving size 2 – 4)
Wok or a heavy bottomed wide pan
Stainless steel spatula
1 medium sized onion (chopped into thin slices)
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
Vegetable oil for deep frying
You can find all the below ingredients in Indian grocery store
1 tablespoon finely chopped thai green chili
2 tablespoons curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chickpeas flour
2 tablespoons rice flour
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1. Take a large bowl and add the sliced onion, 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger, 1 tablespoon finely chopped thai green chili, 2 tablespoons curry leaves, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup chickpeas flour, 2 tablespoons rice flour and 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds.
2. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well. Apply pressure and squeeze the onions.
3. The water in the onion mixes with the chickpeas flour to form a doughy mixture.
4. Heat oil in a wok or a wide heavy bottomed pan.
5. When the oil is hot add small scoops of the dough into the pan.
6. The pakoras will turn light brown in color. Make sure the pakoras are cooked evenly on all sides.
7. When the pakoras turn dark golden brown in color remove them from oil.
8. Crispy onion pakoras are ready.