Simple and easy carrot rice recipe
1/2 cup chopped red onions
2 cups finely shredded carrots
1 tablespoon chopped green chili
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons chana dal
2 teaspoons urad dal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups cooked white rice
1. Heat a wok and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Heat the oil for 2 minutes. When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal.
3. The mustard seeds will make a crackling sound and the chana dal and urad dal will turn golden brown.
4. Now add 1/2 cup onion, 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook in medium heat for 3 minutes.
5. After 3 minutes add the 2 cups shredded carrots and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
6. After 5 minutes add 2 cups of cooked rice into the wok. Add 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper and mix the contents well. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy your Carrot rice.