Red lentil curry recipe video
Red lentil curry (serving size – 2 people)
Please thaw the ingredients before cooking
Utensils needed – Wide heavy bottomed pan with lid and spatula
1. Keep a heavy bottomed pan on the stove and add 4 tablespoons of oil (olive oil /vegetable oil) in the pan.
2. Add the contents of bag 1, bag 2 and 1/2 cup water into the pan. Mix the contents well and close the pan with a lid. Cook in medium heat until the sauce thickens and oil starts to ooze around the edges of the pan. This step takes about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
3. Once the sauce becomes thick switch off the stove, the masala is ready. Next add the contents of bag 3 (red lentils) into a large bowl and fill it with water. The water should cover the lentils, now swirl your hand in the water and lentils. Strain the water using a strainer. Repeat the process 3 times.
4. Add the washed red lentils and 2 and 1/2 cups of water into the masala in the pan, mix the contents well and close the pan with a lid. Cook in medium heat for 5 minutes and then turn the heat to low. Keep the pot covered and keep the heat in low. Cook until the lentils turn soft. This step takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Once the lentils are cooked switch off the heat. Red lentil curry is ready. Taste the Red lentil curry and add salt if needed. Transfer the Red lentil curry into a serving dish.
Please share your Feedback to help our Small Business grow
Cooking instruction for the basmati rice
Utensils needed – Sauce pan with lid and spatula
Add the rice into a large bowl and fill it with water. The water should cover the rice, now swirl your hand in the water and rice. The water becomes cloudy. Strain the water using a strainer. Repeat this step 3 times. This step removes the excess starch from the rice. Add the rinsed rice and 2 cups water into a sauce pan. Cook the rice in high heat for 5 minutes. When the water boils with the rice, close the sauce pan with a lid and cook in low heat for 15 minutes.