Butter Chicken masala (serving size - 2)
Please thaw the ingredients before cooking
Utensils needed – Deep baking dish, heavy bottomed pan with lid and spatula
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit and add the contents of bag 3 into a deep baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and cook the contents for 30 minutes at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
2. When the chicken is being cooked in the oven, keep a heavy bottomed pan on the stove. Add 1/2 stick of butter and 1 tablespoon oil (olive oil or canola oil) into the pan. Switch on the heat and melt the butter.
3. Once the butter has completely melted add the contents of bag 1, bag 2 and 1/2 cup water into the pan. Mix the contents well and close the pan with a lid. Cook in medium heat until the sauce thickens and oil starts to ooze around the edges of the pan. This step takes about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Once the sauce becomes thick switch off the heat, the masala is ready.
5. After the chicken is cooked, remove the deep baking dish from the oven. Add the cooked chicken into the pan which contains the masala. Switch on the stove and cook the contents in the pan for 2 minutes on medium heat. Keep stirring to mix the contents well. (Optional ingredients -If you like a sweet tomatoey taste in your butter chicken, add a pinch of sugar and 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup at this stage.)
6. After 2 minutes add the contents of bag 4 into the pan and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Keep stirring to mix the contents well. Switch off the heat. Taste the Butter Chicken and add salt if needed. Transfer the Butter Chicken masala into a serving dish.
Please share your Feedback to help our Small Business grow
Cooking instruction for the basmati rice
Utensils needed – Sauce pan with lid and spatula
Add the rice into a large bowl and fill it with water. The water should cover the rice, now swirl your hand in the water and rice. The water becomes cloudy. Strain the water using a strainer. Repeat this step 3 times. This step removes the excess starch from the rice. Add the rinsed rice and 2 cups water into a sauce pan. Cook the rice in high heat for 5 minutes. When the water boils with the rice, close the sauce pan with a lid and cook in low heat for 15 minutes.